To become a Certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), your business must meet the following requirements. Both current and historical facts are considered in determining ownership qualifications and participation in the management and operations of the company.
- Your business is a for-profit enterprise.
- Your business is physically located in the United States or its trust territories.
- Your business is at least 51% ethnic minority owned. Ethnic minority owned is defined as any business having owner(s) belonging to the following minority groups: African-American, Hispanic-American, Native American, Asian and Pacific Islander American (Asian-Indian included).
- The minority/ethnic owner(s) of the business are U.S. citizens.
- The minority/ethnic owner(s) of the business must be active in management and daily business operations.